Mezze maniche with yellow tomatoes and anchovies
The heat of the chilli, salt from the anchovies and sweet freshness of the tomatoes is the perfect combination of flavours to pair with Garofalo Mezze Maniche
200g Garofalo Mezze Maniche
500g Yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Shallot, finely chopped
4 - 5 Cantbrian Anchovies
4 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 tsp Chilli flakes (add more if you’d like it spicier)
175g Bread crumbs
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil on a medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for a few minutes until golden.
- Add the anchovies and chilli flakes and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over a medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes depending on how soft you want the tomatoes.
- Add half of the chopped parsley, stir well and set aside.
- In another pan heat the other 2 tbsp of olive oil on a medium heat. Add the fresh breadcrumbs and stir until golden brown.Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper and the remaining parsley then set aside.
- Bring a sauce pan of water to the boil (at least one litre per 100g of pasta). Once boiling add a good quantity of rock salt along with the Mezze Maniche and stir well. Continue stirring every so often as your pasta cooks. The right cooking time for perfectly al dente Mezze Maniche is 11 minutes, so to enjoy the full Garofalo flavour and ‘bite’, aim to stick to this cooking time.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta ensuring you keep a cup of the pasta water aside.
- Add the pasta to the tomato sauce and stir well to ensure the pasta is fully coated. Here add some of the pasta water if you like the sauce slightly looser.
- Divide between 4 warmed bowls to serve and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.