Pappardelle with Bolognese Sauce
14oz Garofalo Pappardelle Pasta
1.8lb lean minced beef
0.5lb minced pork loin
16.9oz tomato sauce
1 white onion
3.4oz red or white wine
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil (as required)
- Wash and chop the onion, celery and carrot.
- Put the oil in a fairly large, deep saucepan, add the chopped vegetables and fry gently for about 5 minutes. Then add the minced beef and pork, breaking them up with a spoon.
- Leave to brown for about 10 minutes on a moderate heat, then add the wine and turn up the heat until the wine evaporates completely. At this point, add the tomato sauce and then fill the empty jar with water, shake and pour it into the saucepan.
- Once it comes to the boil, turn down the heat and let the sauce simmer slowly for about 3 hours with the lid on, stirring occasionally and adding a little water, if necessary.
- After 3 hours, season with salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
- When the sauce is almost ready, boil the pappardelle in plenty of lightly salted water.
- Drain them once cooked, pour them into a large bowl and mix well with the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan as desired
You Could Also Try
Be surprised by other Pasta Garofalo recipes