Spaghetti with meatballs
An Italian classic and a British favourite, this delicious dish of Garofalo Spaghetti and homemade meatballs will be a firm favourite with all the family.
320g Garofalo Spaghetti
4 slices of white bread
400g minced beef
2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
2tbsp Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tins of finely chopped tomato
Basil, salt and pepper to taste
- Blend your sliced bread in a food processor to create bread crumbs.
- Soak the breadcrumbs with the milk and stir well.
- Combine together the breadcrumb and milk mixture with the parsley, minced beef, parmesan and egg in a large bowl until all ingredients are incorporated together.
- Roll the mixture into individual balls, just smaller than a ping pong ball.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil over a low heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Next add the chopped tomatoes, basil and seasoning. On a low heat cook for a further 10 minutes.
- When you have a sauce you are happy with add the meatballs, cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Flip the meatballs so the other side cooks in the sauce too. Cover again and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking bring a sauce pan of water to the boil (at least one litre per 100g of pasta). Once boiling add a good quantity of rock salt along with the Spaghetti. Cook for 9 minutes stirring as it cooks.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the meatballs pan. Stir well to ensure the pasta finishes cooking and is fully coated in the sauce.
- Divide between 4 warmed bowls and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and basil.