Mafalda Corta with Vegan mushroom lentil ragout
The curl at the edges of Garofalo Mafalda Corta ensures this delicious and rich sauce clings to each piece of pasta for full flavour in every bite.
400g Garofalo Mafalda Corta
1 Onion, finely sliced
2 Small carrots, finely sliced
1 celery stalk, finely sliced
400g Cremni Mushrooms, sliced
White wine, enough to add a splash
2 springs of rosemary
1 tin of finely chopped tomato
200g tinned lentils, rinsed
2tbsp Olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil on a medium heat. Add the mushrooms with some salt and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add a splash of white wine, stir well and let the alcohol evaporate off.
- Add the chopped onion, carrots and celery along with the rosemary to the mushrooms. Allow to simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato and stir well. Cover and allow to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- When the sauce has come together add a splash of water to loosen it up.
- Add the lentils, stir well and cook for a further 10 mintues to encorporate them fully into the sauce.
- Whilst the lentils are cooking, bring a sauce pan of water to the boil (at least one litre per 100g of pasta). Once boiling add a good quantity of rock salt along with the Mafalda Corta. Cook for 8 minutes stirring as it cooks.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the mushroom sauce. Stir well to ensure the pasta finishes cooking and is fully coated in the sauce.
- Divide between 4 warmed bowls and finish with a little extra olive oil and some rosemary.