Radiatori Alla Genovese
Created by Aldo Zilli with Garofalo Radiatori pasta includes pasta and potatoes and is a tribute to the Italian frugality and talent for making something delicious out of the humblest of ingredients.
400g Garofalo Radiatori Pasta
400g potato/new potato- peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
150g fine green beans (trimmed and cut in half)
100g fresh basil leaves - for pesto
100g grated parmesan cheese or vegetarian
hard Italian cheese –for pesto
1 clove garlic (peeled) – for pesto
100ml regular olive oil – for pesto
100ml extra virgin olive oil – for pesto
50g basil thinly sliced
Grated parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard Italian cheese
- Put the prepared potato chunks into a large saucepan with enough salted water to take the pasta later, and bring to the boil.
- Cook the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes, then add the pasta. Check the packet cooking instructions, and at about 4 minutes before the end of the specified cooking time, add the green beans.
- Blend the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor.
- Before you drain the saucepan, remove and reserve about ½ cupful of the cooking liquid.
- Tip the drained potatoes, beans and pasta back into the dry pan.
- Add the pesto from the processor and enough cooking water to give a runny sauce that coats the pasta. Serve immediately with grated cheese and a sprinkling of thinly sliced basil.