Fusilli with creamed turnip greens
Here is a dish that takes us to Puglia, in southern Italy, thanks to a typical ingredient of this region: turnip greens.
Find out how we paired them with our Fusilli to create a unique, simple, tasty and healthy pasta course !
360 gr of Garofalo Fusilli
1 kg of turnip greens (to clean)
2 cloves of garlic
4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
salt as required chilli as required (optional)
- Clean the turnip greens. Remove the stems with the help of a small knife and select the florets and tender leaves. Bring plenty of salted water to the boil in a large pot. Throw the turnip greens in and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Drain the turnip greens with a colander, taking care to keep the cooking water to the side to use to cook the pasta.
- With an immersion blender, cream the previously boiled turnip greens, add cooking water if needed, and keep some aside. Or if you like the consistency of turnip greens, you can avoid blending them into a cream after boiling.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the oil and brown the garlic and chilli. After a few minutes, add the turnip greens sauce.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, add some pasta water to the pan in case the cream dries up too much. Cook the Garofalo Fusilli in the cooking water of the turnip greens brought to a boil (add more water if necessary) and drain them al dente.
- Pour the pasta into the pan with the creamed turnip greens sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes over medium heat. Serve hot.
You Could Also Try
Be surprised by other Pasta Garofalo recipes