Elicoidali alla puttanesca
Puttanesca sauce is one of the most famous recipes of Italian cuisine and extremely popular among Italians. This is a typical dish from the center-south and especially from the Naples area.
400 g Garofalo elicoidali (n. 34)
400g chopped tomatoes
100 g black olives
4 anchovy fillets
1 chilli pepper
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp capers
Pinch of sugar
Freshly chopped parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
Grated parmigiano reggiano cheese (optional)
- Heat the garlic and chilli in olive oil in a deep-based pan.
- Add the anchovies and sautée until fully broken down.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook for 10-15 minutes. Season the tomato sauce with a pinch of sugar and salt as required.
- Add the diced black olives and capers, leaving everything cook for a few more minutes.
- Drain the elicoidali, mix everything together in the pan, add the chopped parsley and serve.
- Add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to make sure it's not too dry.
- If desired, add some grated parmigiano reggiano cheese along with the parsley.