Rigatoni Garofalo Trapanese style
14oz Rigatoni Garofalo
For the pesto:
1.7oz basil leaves
8.8oz ripe pear tomatoes ½ clove of garlic
0.7oz of Sardinian
Olive oil to taste
Salt to taste
A pinch of pepper
- Start by peeling the almonds.
- Then cut into the pear tomatoes and blanch them in hot water for a few minutes. and remove the peel; then pound them in a mortar or in a blender.
- Add the almonds, basil and half a clove of garlic. Mince everything until the sauce appears homogeneous.
- Now add two full tablespoons of sheep's cheese, season with salt and pepper and add a little olive oil drop by drop.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the Garofalo Rigatoni for 13 minutes, as stated on the pack. Before you drain them, collect some of the boiling water with which you dilute the pesto.
- Season the rigatoni with the Trapanese-style pesto and serve.